What is currently on our book shelves? We have two 5-tiered book shelves set up around the house for my children to look at whenever they want and a special basket for night time books. All other books are stored away in a cupboard for rotation.
This shelf is in my children’s playroom/study at the moment.
- DK Nature Encyclopedia
- Unicef Children Just Like Me
- National Geographic First Big Book of Why
- DK Human Body Encyclopedia
- Look, Listen, Taste, Touch and Smell by Pamela Hill Nettleton
- How a Seed Grows by Helene J.Jordan
- Little Humans by Brandon Stanton
- I Can Tell by Touching by Carolyn Otto
This book shelf is set up in my 3.5 year olds room. All of these books were chosen by her and she rotates them when she feels like a change.
- My Big Book of Rhymes
- Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox
- Shoes from Grandpa by Mem Fox
- The Listening Walk by Aliki
- All by Myself by Aliki
- Hairy Maclary books by Lynley Dodd (we were given a set of these and they are popular in our household)
We also have a basket for night time books. I put a few special ones in there and the rest my children choose. At the moment the Peter Rabbit book set which we were given as a present and The Curious George books as well as a nursery rhymes book are my 3.5 year old’s favourites to read at night. Not exactly Montessori books but I think that is okay.