Yesterday I spent a couple of hours with two other lovely mums in my daughter’s classroom doing some Christmas Art activities (card making and wrapping paper making using hand-made stamps). This was the first time I have been able to help out inside my daughter’s classroom and it was really lovely to work with all of the children.
Early next week I will be in my son’s classroom baking cookies. The challenge is to come up with a recipe that is nut, egg, gluten and dairy free, can be pre-made the day before so the children can just simply roll out the dough and use cookie cutters on the day. If you happen to read this and have any ideas feel free to share them with me over the weekend as that will be much appreciated. I would love to come up with a very simple recipe that the children will like the taste of.
Next weeks posts. I will have one last post on plant-based lunches as next week is the last week of school. I will also have a post on Independence in the home- our bathroom space (for a 3 year old and a 5 year old) with a focus on Minimum/Zero Waste. I will also show you a DIY project that my dad and I have been working on as a gift for my 5 year old which I think she will love.
Here is what I have been enjoying reading this past week;
- The Montessori Notebook Summer Series- Montessori Home Tours 1-6
- The Montessori Notebook- An Interview with Eve Hermann
- Bann dek Spotlight Series- Montessori Family Interviews
- My Baan dek Spotlight Interview you can read HERE. I had a bit of a chuckle reading my Interview as I kept the answers rather short and simple.
- Whole Family Rhythms- Nurturing the Four Lower Senses in Babies and Parents by Kerry Ingram
- Practising Simplicity- Last Spring Days