This past week my eldest became a junior zoo keeper at an animal sanctuary where she spent part of the day with a small group of other 5-7 year old’s. She told me that she got to hold a koala, pat a snake, feed some parrots and other wildlife and clean a pigs home for example. The children spent some time with a wombat, owl, platypus, kangaroo, dingo and a Tasmanian Devil learning all about them. It was a wonderful experience that I don’t think she will forget any time soon. I saw the absolute joy on her face when I picked her up. I think my daughter’s favourite animals are now the koala and platypus.
Weekend Reading Links;
- Nourishing Minimalism- A day in the Life of a Minimalist Mom.
- Nourishing Minimalism- Minimalist Downtown Apartment Tour
- Raising Simple- Helpful Methods For a Simplified Wardrobe
- Project Minimum- 3 Positive influences that minimalism has had on my children.
Next weeks posts
- More on how we use our Home management journal/folder
- A children’s Canvas Art project– something my children have been wanting to do for a while now so I said we could work on it sometime next week. I just need to get some white paint and borrow a paint roller.
It’s back to school for us next week. Luckily my children don’t wear uniforms at their school and we don’t have to organise any stationary as it is not needed. This school term in the Children’s House is the last one for my daughter. She starts her transition into Lower Primary (Cycle 2) towards the end of the term. She will start to slowly transition over about a three week period. She is very excited to do so at this point.