It was back to school week, and we all settled back into a new rhythm fairly well. It was nice to see so many familiar faces again. In recent news, my daughter lost her fifth tooth and another one is now loose, which is very exciting for this 5 year old!
A Poem my 5 year old wrote out yesterday- she loves poetry!
From the Coral Sea Dreaming book
“As I lay my head to sleep,
The colour blue began to seep,
Inside my mind, inside my soul,
Feeling weightless, lost control.”
“The sun slowly rises and so must I
My coral sea dream all gone with a sigh
A world so ancient, a world so rare
Its future so fragile without love and care.”
Weekend Reading Links;
- Simply Clearly-Creating a Childhood Masterpiece- The Art of Play
- Montessori in Nature- How to Make a Vegetable Garden for Kids
- Althea et Nous- Minimising Screen Time with Audible
- Living for Our Purpose- Grace and Courtesy
- The Kavanaugh Report- Play Kitchens and Montessori Homes
Next weeks posts;
- Some plant-based school ‘snack‘ ideas. I will take some photos of what my youngest has for his snack at school next week. He only stays for a few mornings each week and is at home for lunch and the rest of the afternoon.
- Book discussion/review of Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne. I have mentioned this book a few times in previous posts.