This past week, my youngest turned four and we got to have a lovely Montessori celebration inside his classroom with his classmates and classroom Directors, sharing photos, stories and singing songs together- ‘The Earth goes around the Sun, the Sun, The Earth goes around the Sun. 12 months, 52 weeks and 365 days’. Afterwards we shared a fruit platter that I had made up in advance, outdoors on a picnic rug. Such a special time.
For my youngest’s Birthday, he chose how we spent the day and what food we ate. For presents, he received a bike, some clothes and a puzzle. We are not quite at the ‘no presents from family stage’. I would like to explore the idea of a gift of an experience instead down the track.
In other news, I believe my daughter will be visiting her new Montessori Cycle 2 classroom next week for the first time. She is very excited to start the transition process.
Today, we are all just relaxing at home and doing whatever it is we feel like doing for the day. Tomorrow we have a children’s Birthday party we will be attending and also catching up with family later in the afternoon.
- Veggieful- Australian Vegan Coles grocery list
- Veggieful- Australian Vegan Woolworths grocery list
- Veggieful- Australian Vegan Aldi grocery List
- Such tragic, heartbreaking news– gofundme Fundraiser for The Small Folk family
- Going Zero Waste- How to make the best choice for the environment
- Treading My Own Path- Spilling the truth about the perfect Zero Waste image
- How We Montessori- How to ‘warm up’ your Montessori Environment
- The Early Hour- Families of Instagram- Interview with Eloise from Frida Be Mighty. I love reading Interviews like this.
- Our Kids- 5 Criticisms of the Montessori Method. An interesting read.
Next Weeks Posts;
- Notes from a Montessori Parenting Information event I will (hopefully be able to attend). If not, then I will have an alternative post up instead.
- My attempt at a simplified, low waste and Vegan/Gluten free children’s party.