We celebrated my daughter’s 6th Birthday this past week and she received a bike, chapter book and some Lego from us. She is yet to learn to ride a bike without training wheels, like her brother, but now both of my children are keen to learn together. The two things my daughter wanted to learn to do this past year was to learn to swim and ride a bike. Today we are going to explore some more ‘child-friendly’ spaces to ride their bikes near our home.
For her actual Birthday, we had a simple breakfast at home, and we decorated the table with pink flowers and candles. We spent the good part of the day with ‘the cousins’ for a play and lunch and came home later in the afternoon to ice and decorate the cake we made and make a nice dinner and dessert together. All the food and activities for the day was chosen by Miss 6.
- Minimalism- Nourishing Minimalism ‘Stunning Minimalist Guatemala Home Tour‘. I just love reading Interviews and Home Tours.
- Simple Living- Whole Family Rhythms ‘Waldorf and Nature Inspired Reading List‘
- Montessori- Fred and Ted and Company ‘Seeds to Sow with Children‘
- Planet Earth 2– we have started watching it as a family on Netflix.
Next Weeks Posts
- Part 1 of the transition process from a Montessori Cycle 1 (3-6 years) to a Cycle 2 (6-9 years) classroom.
- Talking to children about money. I have been exploring this topic lately.