We are heading off to Fiji for an almost two week family holiday. The last time we visited Fiji was around two years ago and it was my children’s first overseas trip! The original plan was to go to Vietnam and Singapore for around three weeks instead of going to Fiji, but we have decided to aim to hopefully do that trip more towards the end of the year depending on our schedules.
What we have packed: We are taking two suitcases and four backpacks. The backpacks will be used as carry on, on the plane and for when out and about.
In terms of packing – the ideal plan is to take as little as possible with us considering we are not going for that long or travelling that far from home, but as you will see, we have packed probably more that we actually need.
Both of my children (aged 5 & 7) have chosen and packed their shared medium-sized suitcase and small carry on backpacks. They worked together on creating a list of what they each wanted to take, gathered those items and then worked out if it would all fit in their bags. They were so excited to do this all by themselves!
Here’s what Miss 7 has chosen/packed:
In her backpack; hat, sunglasses, snack box, book and handkerchief. She wants to carry a soft toy with her which will act as a cuddle toy plus a pillow.
In the shared suitcase; water bottle, swimmers, goggles and towel, clothes including sleepwear and shoes, 2 x reading books, small torch, night light, journal, toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush and hair ties, shampoo bar (for body and hair).
Here’s what Mr 5 has chosen/packed:
In his backpack; hat, sunglasses, snack box and a book. He will also be taking some kind of cuddle toy/pillow on the plane.
In the shared suitcase; water bottle, swimmers, goggles and towel, clothes including sleepwear and shoes, 2 x reading books, small torch, journal, toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste and a hair brush.
Extras: both of my children have also packed in their suitcase the following entertainment type items;
- 1 x tennis ball (to play hand ball),
- Card games including UNO and yoga cards
- Work books- 2 x colouring in books, 2 x word search books, 2 x math/language work books. My children love workbooks!
- Drawing paper and pencils, eraser and sharpener
- 1 x small container of Lego
- 2 x French knitting forks plus extra acrylic wool for finger knitting.
My husband and I are sharing one suitcase and are taking;
- Clothes, sleepwear, shoes and toiletries
- Hat and sunglasses
- 2 x phones and 1 charger
- 1 x laptop
- Swimmers plus 2 x towels
- Insect repellent and sunscreen (both of these came in handy last time we were in Fiji).
Extras: I am also taking;
- 1 x reading book and 2 x small brain training books (Sudoku and a puzzle type book) for the plane trips.
- Essential oil roll on (for sleep and stress)
- Healthy-ish Lollipops (for my children’s ears on the plane if needed)
- 2 x noise reduction headphones (for my children if needed)
- Supplements- multivitamins, B12, travel probiotic and olive leaf extract
- A couple of roll-up re-usable bags and a re-usable water bottle.