As promised, here is a before and after look at our children’s current bedroom set up.
Before: Shared bedroom and wardrobe space 2019 see post HERE
After: Both of my children now have their own bedroom space but choose to sleep in the same room at night. There is a spare fold-up mattress underneath Mr 5’s bed that Miss 7 uses. This room is the bigger of the two and much cooler. Miss 7 happens to have the smallest and hottest room in the house.
Mr 5’s bedroom
- Top shelf (black wire basket) – ‘finished’ and ‘working on’ project folders, wooden clip boards (1 large and 1 small), writing journal, sketch pad, science workbook, recorder and activity workbooks (puzzles, mazes, word self search), etc
- Middle shelf- metal bucket with writing/drawing tools, wooden 3D geometric shapes, some flash cards (French words, tell the time) etc and noise reduction headphones.
- Bottom shelf- A4 white paper.
What’s on the desk;
- Bamboo desk tray- Maths and language workbooks (addition, subtraction, time, money and fractions, grammer and vocabulary. Mr 5 only works on one book at a time.
- In basket- yoga mats, yoga gloves and yoga cards (ABC yoga cards for kids)
- Very top shelf- LED lights for night-time. There is also a Himalayan salt lamp on the window sill behind the blinds.
- Top and middle shelf- books (chapter, picture and reference) and small torch.
- Bottom shelf- nature tray x 2 and mini robot toy.
Miss 7’s bedroom
- Top shelf (black wire basket)- finished/working on project folders, Art display folder, writing journal, caligraphy set, some activity books (colouring in, word search) etc.
- Middle shelf- noise reduction headphones, writing and drawing tools.
- Bottom shelf- A4 writing paper and sketch pad.
What’s on the desk;
- On the desk– wooden calendar, mirror (my parents made- DIY), affirmation cards (Nurture Cards- Positive Thoughts), music box, Himalayan salt lamp.
- Under the desk (behind curtain)- wooden stool, music basket/box containing choir song book, recorder book and recorder, musical note book), beading/threading set and some National Geographic Kids magazines.
What’s on the book/display shelf;
- Chapter books
- Sewing basket
- Origami basket with book
- 2 x rectangle wall shelves to display treasured items.
Miss 7 has a lot more items in her room than her brother, but she can easily maintain this space without any overwhelm as there is a designated place for everything.